Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Good stuff from the movie critic

There is an absoultely seamless, perfect movie wandering around my satellite rotation. Clive Owen stars as "King Arthur." It has horses, archery, and armor. There is also a heroic stand that symbolizes the Brits. I love it; I can't stop watching it. The Saxons are some bad motorscooters, too. Talk about bikers gone bad!

I don't know how historically accurate it might be; it's just a great take on the Arthurian legend. We never lived history, so we don't know.

Guinivere is a baad girl. Check it out on Encore, or rent it. This one's a keeper; the movie critic gaurantees it.

7 Comments:

Blogger camojack said...

Sounds like a winner. There was another good King Arthur movie, I think in the 80's; I believe it was called "Excalibur"...which, as you probably know, was King Arthur's sword.

June 21, 2006 11:49 PM  
Blogger Robert said...

That was the one I was trying to think of yesterday. That one was a John Boorman enterpise, and very creepy. Owen and the cast of virtual unknowns (in the US) are a lot more straightforward. There is a moment when he sits his horse atop a hillside and symbolizes everything that has been steadfast about Britain since day one.

Speaking of movie criticism, no matter how many times I watch "200 Motels", I don't ever think I'll "get it". I know it's Zappa's dark genius at work, but I can never be sure if he was being overly clever, or really was that stoned.

Whatever happened to Flo and Eddie? Does Anysley Dunbar still play his drums?

June 22, 2006 10:47 AM  
Blogger camojack said...

Zappa was a genius. Too bad he didn't go to the doctor in time...

June 23, 2006 12:42 AM  
Blogger boberin said...

If possum says check it out then it must be worthwhile, I'll check around the dial some

June 23, 2006 11:43 AM  
Blogger Nylecoj said...

I liked Excaliber, I never noticed it was creepy.

June 25, 2006 1:02 AM  
Blogger Hawkeye® said...

I'll be sure to check it out. I guess I'll also have to check out Excalibur as I missed that one somehow.

Regards...

June 28, 2006 8:05 PM  
Blogger Beerme said...

Possum,

200 Motels would seem to be a stoner flick, wouldn't it? Zappa was actually a very strong anti-drug proponent. Never used drugs and onlyn rarely drank, and only then a beer or two.

The movie is about life on the road for a band and the culture of the musician lifestyle...or something. Don't you just love the song, "Lonesome Cowboy Burt"?

July 03, 2006 2:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home