Thursday, June 08, 2006

We gotta get some action! We gotta get some action soon!

I am a big fan of headbanger music. This might seem a bit odd for a middle-aged guy, but there is something compelling about loud music with a strong beat and a danceable rhythm. My normal preference is classical music, with a taste for Russian composers, because they bring such sorrow and passion to their music.

There are times, however, when the neighborhood needs shaking up. “If the house is a-rockin’ don’t come a-knockin!”

Since the illegal aliens took to the street on May Day, I’ve had a “power rock” song running inside what’s left of my brain. It seemed like this puppy would never come around on my satellite rotation again, because I hungered for the name of the artist.

It’s a simple song. I couldn’t recite half the lyrics. What grabs me is the hook: “We gotta get some action! We gotta get some action soon!”

The composer of this masterpiece is an aggregation known as Powerman 5000. I am not familiar with these paragons of head-busting. This song may have been their one shot. I can’t tell you the name of the lead singer for Megadeth, but I know him when I hear him.

The reason I keep hearing this song recycle in my memory is that the hook has an ineffable power. We gotta get some action, and soon! I’m referring to the border, and the arrogant dare that we [the American people] can’t deport 11,000,000 wetbacks.

You can be on the first thing smokin’ for Ciudad Mexico. America loves a dare. The Japanese, bless their dark little hearts, knew this about five minutes after the smoke cleared over Pearl Harbor. Admiral Nagumo feared that the attack had “wakened a sleeping giant.”

In case anyone hasn’t noticed, America has been attacked. World War IV is underway, and the stakes are mortal.

We gotta get some action, and soon! Close the border!

1 Comments:

Blogger camojack said...

World War III being the "Cold War", yes?

June 08, 2006 2:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home