Thursday, June 08, 2006

Payback! The news moves fast!

Nothing else I might have to say can stand up to the news that Abu al-Zarqawi ended up on the wrong end of a Predator drone.

I am not morally sure if it's a Christianly decent thing to celebrate the death of another human being, but the demise of this half-witted thug who can't even fire an automatic weapon without help does not disturb me. In fact, I have the gut feeling that the planet is a slightly cleaner place today.

The mess in Iraq is not over, but there's an element of comfort in the reassurance that the karmic principle of "payback" is still in effect. To paraphrase Edward R. Murrow, "Good night, and good luck, Abu!"

5 Comments:

Blogger boberin said...

I'm with you possum, at least slightly cleaner!
Here come those Virginians...

June 08, 2006 7:32 AM  
Blogger Robert said...

A friend's father has died, so my gloating is tempered.

They're still cleaning off the debris in Baghdad, but I say it's good riddance to bad rubbish.

A JDAM through the bedroom window will do the trick every time!

June 08, 2006 7:41 AM  
Blogger boberin said...

Sorry to hear of the death. Can relate having seen (still seeing in one case) too many of those close to me die recently, been a tough couple of months for certan!

June 08, 2006 8:22 AM  
Blogger Just call me Shelly said...

Hey, how 'bout that--2 good things, Zal is dead and my computer linked on to UPI for a change.

One may think I never return to post but truly, my computer via e-mail is screwed up.

Now back to crawling mode

June 08, 2006 8:24 AM  
Blogger camojack said...

I posted on this too...but you put it better. I'm not real big on doing a lot a typing, y'see...

June 08, 2006 2:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home