Friday, June 09, 2006

A promise

For the first time almost a year's existance, I deleted a post on this blog. It wasn't obscene, or anything. It just didn't belong.

It was a whining, childish complaint that nobody reads this blog, so I'm shutting it down.

I lied. I'll outlive my critics. I don't deny suicidal ideation, but the realization that it would give too many people too much satisfaction made me abandon that notion years ago.

United Possums, and the Chief Executive Opossum, is here for a while. I had a moment of clarity a few years ago, holding a pistol to my head and screaming out a bedroom window. I don't behave so badly any more, and the neighborhood sleeps better for it. I made a promise to a treacherous woman, but I keep my promises.

Suicide is off the table. So is shutting down this blog. Blogging is all about ego. If anyone denies that they have one, they are lying to me.

I will continue to say what I feel needs to be said until I am dragged offstage kicking and screaming. I had a momentary whine about quitting this morning, but I finally stirred someone up, and they re-lit the fire in my stove.

That post is deleted. I thank my constant readers, even those who don't comment. I won't take you for granted again. UPI is here for a while.

6 Comments:

Blogger MargeinMI said...

Yay! Kicking and screaming! Keep rockin' on possum!

June 10, 2006 7:24 AM  
Blogger Barb said...

Well ,Mr Awesome Possum ,I sure am glad I'm not going to have to scold you for awhile. Are you going to behave now ,young man? Quitting is for Zarcowards and Demoncraps.
Awesome Possum is supposed to be said so it rhymes.

June 10, 2006 5:53 PM  
Blogger Nylecoj said...

YAY!
BTW here is Pete Stark's quote. i got it from the Patriot Post I will keep looking for the venue he said it in.
"This is just to cover Bush's [rear] so he doesn't have to answer [for Iraqi civilians being killed by the U.S. military and his own sagging poll numbers]. Iraq is still a mess—get out." —Rep. Pete Stark

June 11, 2006 12:24 AM  
Blogger Nylecoj said...

Here is the link to a WA Times article with the quote in it.
http://www.washingtontimes.com/national/20060608-041042-9038r.htm

June 11, 2006 12:30 AM  
Blogger boberin said...

Possum, as always you are "da man", keep on keeping on brother, be the wee small voice raging against the wind (or whatever irks you).
Blogging must be good therapy even if no one reads it (but we do!)
Hang in there

June 14, 2006 7:51 AM  
Blogger camojack said...

Rehab is for quitters...

June 18, 2006 11:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home