Thursday, July 06, 2006

The anniversary post

I was just struck by a realization today. This blog is a year old! I have been cluttering up the airwaves for a whole year! In spite of being a sniveling brat, threatening to take my toys and go home, I haven’t shut this mess down. I stand for something, and refuse to fall for anything. People who disagree with me are welcome to go elsewhere; this is my private corner of the internet. I’ll stand tall and say what’s on my little mind. I don’t have the sense God gave geese, but I manage a sputter of sense once in a blue moon. I see traitors creeping on my country. I see the practice of politics that exceeds rationality. I’m a moonbat loon, but I will take a stand.

United Possums has been around as an entity for a year. It started as an inside joke before 9/11. I worked as a journalist, filing stories of dubious veracity. Can we say “Jason Blair?” I have a lot of affection for the New York Times. I understand the power of the written word better than any English major. What goes down in print resonates more than anything reproduced in language recreated ad homonym.

I am all too well acquainted with the power of the written word. As I like to joke, I must learn to use this power for good. We are a year old, I stand for something, or fall for anything.

6 Comments:

Blogger Nylecoj said...

Happy anniversary. I am glad you did not pick up your toys and go home.

July 06, 2006 10:53 PM  
Blogger Beerme said...

Happy Birthday, UPI!
Keep writin' and havin' fun. It beats the hell out of sniffin' burlap!

July 06, 2006 11:39 PM  
Blogger camojack said...

Happy Blogiversary!!!

Keep 'em comin'...

July 07, 2006 12:21 AM  
Blogger Robert said...

I avergage one post per week, and the news frequently outruns me. I haven't done badly for a tired old man, and I have a lot of fun with this little corner of the Internet.

July 07, 2006 3:53 AM  
Blogger MargeinMI said...

Happy Blogiversary Possum!

Keep on stampin on anachrids and hobblin to the oldies on Scorpion Hill. Thanks for sharing your corner of the web with us!

Blog on......

July 07, 2006 5:51 AM  
Blogger Hawkeye® said...

HAPPY 1st B-DAY! (Blog-Day, that is)!! Keep up the good work. Your writing style is excellent and entertaining... but not as good as mine of course (Just kidding!)

(:D) Best regards,
And many happy returns...

July 07, 2006 2:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home