Friday, March 09, 2007

Nostalgia

This is a picture of the ex-wife and me, from the Swingin' 90s. There is no particular reason for it being here, aside from the fact I wanted to see if the Google™ monster would still upload a picture from my computer. It apparently will, despite the destruction and cherry-picking of other graphics files.
This is not a digitally altered photo. She is 4' 11", and I am 6'3".

When we visited the local malls, she would occasionally express paranoia. "People are staring at us...wondering how everything 'fits'".

I can assure you, everything "fit" perfectly. This is the mother of my children. I still love her; I just don't like her very much these days.

We made a hell of a couple when we did ballroom dancing. Slow dancing was an especial pleasure, as I always had the top of her head to park my beer and ashtray.

(That's a joke!)

The marriage didn't work out after 25 years, but the picture function here at Blogger™ apparently does...finally.

Maybe we can have some fun with images to enhance my points later.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, at last...I hope my recent message was of some assistance in getting your photos up-loaded.

Keep on searching, I'm sure you will someday find those other "destroyed" and "cherry picked" photo files.

Keep smiling...

March 09, 2007 8:36 PM  
Blogger Hawkeye® said...

Hey Possum, Nice picture. Good to hear from ya. Ballroom dancing, eh? COOL! I was lucky if I could keep from stepping on my wife's toes.

(:D) Regards...

March 09, 2007 9:14 PM  
Blogger camojack said...

Picture that!!!

March 09, 2007 11:35 PM  
Blogger Robert said...

I was actually quite a graceful dancer when I could keep my feet under me. Nowadays I kind of spin in circles, in a wheelie version of the Snoopy "happy dance".

Having a small, lightweight dance partner meant we could do the over-the-back flips and the between-the-legs passes that flashier couples feature in their swing dancing.

I still break out some of my retro clothing, even though the dancing has gone the way of walking...into oblivion.

March 11, 2007 12:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home