Friday, January 19, 2007

Jet lag

I truly am dumber than a sack of hair. When I originally wrote the previous post, I correctly named Babs Boxer as the villain who jumped Dr. Rice. Sitting in front of my chronically malfunctioning HAL-9000 computer, finally safe in the nest after days of enduring airline security, I broke stupid and blamed Nan Pelosi.

Perhaps I am too eager to want to dislike Ms. Pelosi. I suppose I owe her an apology for confusing her with Ms. Boxer.

Perhaps I can blame the mistake on jet lag. Rushing through transportation hubs, all I basically caught was a soundtrack and fleeting images of an angry, fist-shaking woman (much like my ex-wife). I knew it was Boxer, but my wrung-out brain said “Pelosi”.

I am not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

I swear, those two women are interchangeable. Give her some time, and Madame Pelosi will commit a similar outrage. I corrected the names in the previous post, but perhaps I should have left the names blank, so my Constant Readers can go back and fill them in as the insults appear.

The gist of what I said about “the honeymoon” stands on its own. Pelosi, Boxer, Murtha, Kerry, Hilly… the Usual Suspects will be lining up. “Bipartisanship” lasted about 48 hours.

The Democrat party will last about 24 months.

Thank God.

3 Comments:

Blogger Nylecoj said...

Corrections not with standing we knew who you meant. Just keeping you honest :)
As to theose knives, I don't know what the state of the knives in your drawer are but you are still pretty sharp. Give yourself a break.

January 19, 2007 5:52 PM  
Blogger Hawkeye® said...

The Democrat party will last about 24 months.

COOOL! Sounds like the title of a great show... "24". Each episode portrays a month in the death spiral of the Democratic Party! (I'd watch it)

(:D) Regards...

January 19, 2007 5:56 PM  
Blogger camojack said...

Those two are rather alike.

24 months? That's almost 2 years!

January 19, 2007 9:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home