Sunday, March 11, 2007

Outrage

What a morning! Life in New York City continues apace. I turn on the morning news to make sure we’re not involved in thermonuclear holocaust somewhere, and I get greeted with security camera images of some thug punching a 101-year old woman.

That isn’t a misprint. The victim is 101 years old, and she is robbed of $33.00.

Fortunately, the lady wasn’t seriously injured, and snapped at a news camera about “What am I supposed to do [at my age]…chase him?” Gotta love her moxie.

Updates state that the NYPD has received over 1,000 hotline tips about this tough guy. Even the average hugger-mugger is disgusted with the behavior of this squirrel.

I suppose I’m easy prey in my wheelchair, if I habitually visited the city. My disability extends to my legs; I have no problem grabbing someone’s shirt front and hoisting myself swinging out of said chair. Semi-automatic pistols also level the playing field.

My grandma made 100; she was born in 1886, and died in 1986. I drove to her rural Wilkes County home to collect her for a holiday journey back to Atlanta; I walked in on her holding two men at gunpoint. Relieved to see me, they explained that they had only asked permission to use the telephone, because their car had broken down. At some point, Mother Mamie had decided that they might be nefarious, and fetched her H&R .38 to cover them until help arrived. All was resolved peaceably. Tow trucks arrived, and apologies were rendered.

No one punched my granny out. Like the child molesters I referred to in “You Can Hear a Rat Sneeze”, anyone who punches a 101-year-old woman needs to go to that desert island for life. The world is full of punks who steal welfare, SSI, and Social Security checks around the first of every month. Such robbery is a whole ‘nother six-pack of possums. Is there any justification for beating up grandma while committing the crime? I think not. I wish this centenarian had been holding a 9mm pistol in her purse. NY doesn’t permit that; they believe in “rehabilitation”.

This perp needs a stay in general population, with a lot of other violent individuals who have grandmas, elderly mothers, and families.

2 Comments:

Blogger Hawkeye® said...

An outrage indeed. Sort of akin to Sunni Muslims blowing up innocent civilians. I guess there's no honor among thieves... or terrorists.

Regards.

March 11, 2007 12:05 PM  
Blogger MargeinMI said...

Moxie, indeed!

My first thought seeing this story was, "They ought to make some form of torture legal for punks like that." I guess general population will do...

March 14, 2007 4:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home