Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Vote early and often!

I wish I could be an accomplished hacker. 14-year-old kids can invade HAL 9000 with impunity, but I get the shakes doing a simple disk clean-up.

I faced one of the new-fangled electronic voting machines today. No big deal; it’s built like a Tonka toy, so we can all be user-friendly. I did my civic duty, and put up my simple vote for people that I hope will do their best for America. It’s my right; it’s my privilege, and I’ve said for years that if you don’t vote, don’t complain. Nothing is more fatuous than hearing a gripe from someone who didn’t take the time to vote, but has an opinion on a political leader.

I wish I knew how to be a hacker. Despite the user-friendliness of these new machines, it raised the hair on the back of my neck. There is no paper trail. Maybe it’s just an instinctive distrust of computers. If the Dems win the race today, it will be a valiant victory for American politics. If they lose, it will be “the culture of corruption” stealing yet another election from their sweaty hands.

10,000 lawyers are standing by.

If Dems lose big, I want to hear the accusations against the electronic voting machines. Those People swore the last election was “stolen” because of lack of those electronic devices. I can’t wait for the squealing of “culture of corruption” when Nancy Pelosi doesn’t get her promised Speaker’s seat.

This why I want to learn hacking. That big electronic thing scared me. I want to be 14 years old again, and inject that sophomoric point of view into a national election. I want the ability to invade a computer, and skew its count with no paper trail.

I don’t care who wins today. Democrats will bring a rain of ruin and destruction; Republicans will keep on keepin’ on, with an occasional scandal about an ignominious homosexual. My Libertarians are looking more viable all the time.

If the Dems lose, they’ll swear the election was “stolen”. I have already gone on record describing the “$100 paperweight.” I always bet on the sheer sense of the American people. I don’t lose.

Those voting machines scare me. There may be some computer-literate 14-year-old lurking out there. Early reports are in, and I guarantee if this election day doesn’t work out the way Those People hoped, we’ll go back to penciling in our choice.

The Chinese proverb kicks in: “Be careful what you wish for!”

2 Comments:

Blogger Beerme said...

They bitch about butterfly ballots so they get the new computerized version and then they bitch about them, too. There's just no pleasin' Those People...

November 07, 2006 3:18 PM  
Blogger camojack said...

Kajun:
No you didn't...

Beerme:
Ain't that the truth?!

November 08, 2006 1:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home