Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Giving up too soon

I cannot pick a fight with Greta Van Susteren. She has a multi-national network at her disposal, and I have a limited blog. I lose, right from the jump.

I approached Ms. Van Susteren regarding my father's murder, as a last resort to attention to serial killings. What I got was a "gee whiz" and a blow-off worthy of network television. No one cares; old men who are murder statistics don't count. Blondes who can yield junkets to Aruba get priority.

I had some notion of picking at this woman until she folded and did a story about my Dad's murder. I have changed my tiny mind. This woman is a ghoul. My worst online condemnations are not sufficient to describe this woman's character. She is a vampire who feasts on the blood of others; she is a ghoul who eats the flesh of the dead, and revels on-camera in the expolitation of it. My father rests in peace. After twenty years, I should perhaps walk away and leave it, as I walked away from his grave in 1985.

Ya, that's melodramatic. Van Susteren is a lawyer. There are lots of bad lawyer jokes; need I say more?

9 Comments:

Blogger boberin said...

Lots of good lawyer jokes too!
Walk away is probably good advice, never forget but, as I mentioned (or tried to) yesterday, your father is ill served if this matter consumes you. Very doubtful that he would want that!
Hoping you find peace no matter what that takes!

October 04, 2006 9:35 AM  
Blogger Hawkeye® said...

Lawyer jokes? Hmmmm...

Q. What's the difference between a lawyer and a scum-sucking bottom feeder?

A. The lawyer is not a fish.

(:D) Regards...

October 04, 2006 12:18 PM  
Blogger Robert said...

I think I heard that one, Hawkeye. Many lawyer jokes are not suitable for a family-friendly forum. I still owe a top-notch federal attorney vast amounts of money, and he has the best catalogue of lawyer jokes imaginable. For $400 an hour, I expect a few grins.

I hope you never need one of these critters. Play safe, and play fair!

October 04, 2006 1:09 PM  
Blogger Beerme said...

Simply put, she and her show are not worth the trouble.
Peace will come to you and the seeds sown by the perpetrator will yield a rottener fruit than any of us could design.

October 04, 2006 4:37 PM  
Blogger camojack said...

Regarding lawyers, I'm inclined to agree with Willie Shakespeare...

October 04, 2006 6:02 PM  
Blogger Barb said...

Do you really want Greta or any of the Newsreaders,to make money or gain ratings from the tragedy of your Father's death? He and his memory are worth so much more than the evil slime who murdered your Dad ,and worth even more when compared to the Newsreaders,who try so hard to tell us what to think.
Sure you want proof and a name and a guilty verdict and punishment ,but mainly you want the truth, and I don't think we see much truth on these types of shows. We see sensationalism and innuendo ,but to the elitists ,truth is whatever they think it is.
You will know the answer someday, but maybe not in this life. The guilty one will pay ,but again maybe not in this life.
Your Father would be very proud because you care so much ,but he wouldn't want you to burn yourself up with hatred and bitterness . Instead of thinking of his death ,concentrate on his life. It was special.I doubt if Greta knows anyone as special as your Father was.Her loss!

October 04, 2006 6:40 PM  
Blogger Robert said...

I do not have the heart for true vengeance. I am better served by the Amish, who extend their arms to a killer's family as they bury his victims.

I am Old Testament type of guy. I believe in an angry God, and the concept of payback. I also have no right to make this judgement. Greta and her ilk will perish by the ratings they earn. My father never sought ratings; he served his country quietly, and died anonymously. He will not be forgetten.

October 05, 2006 11:17 AM  
Blogger Robert said...

I know what a virago is, and I have a much more nasty term for "piece of ordure".

I will calm down now. Twenty years of hunting have yielded no results. Some folks think they have gotten away with murder, but I will greet them on the gateway to Hell.

October 05, 2006 11:25 AM  
Blogger Robert said...

There is a $10,000 reward posted in this case. I will double that out of my own pocket if someone will step forward. Money talks, the rest walks. I will leave it here.

October 05, 2006 12:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home