Monday, October 02, 2006

Shooting schools

No true-believing Muslim can be "moderate". The unenlightened, unreformed, dark ages religion does not allow it.What we might call a "moderate" would, in reality, be an apostate, one who no longer sincerely believes or practices Islam. --Posted by The Gunslinger to United Possums International at 10/02/2006 01:26:42 PM

The preceding is a reply to a long-dead post at United Possums International. Some folks still recognize the relevance of past pages to modern times. Thank you, Gunslinger. Your comment, however belated, is right on.

I was all set to comment on the aberrance of Congressman Mark Foley, and the response of personal responsibility versus the broad brush of The Usual Suspects, when the news overrode partisan politics.

My first wife did her doctrinal degree on the Amish. By default, I learned a few things. Today brings news of a schoolroom shooting. I am dumbfounded, and asking “What the hell is happening?”

There are people who go their own way, and aside from conforming to traffic regulations, are left to their own devices. This is as it should be.

Mark Foley is an aberration. He is a sick, troubled individual who should not be presumed to represent conservative ideology in any form. Nevertheless, in their lust for regaining power, liberals will plaster him as a broad political brush stroke to portray conservatives as a culture not only “of corruption”, but as a society of baby-rapers. In the last few weeks of the off-year elections, conservatism will equal sexual corruption. This is right in line with playing the “race card”; conservatives = racists, and black Americans who claim our title of conservatism are “Uncle Tom” “Oreo Cookies”. Michael Moore has his "Bowling for Columbine" in the bag; what does he have to say today?

That’s not today’s rant. I was slow on the uptake for Mr. Foley; now that he has resigned, I consider him nothing more than another bus-station pervert who needs to descend into some obscene obscurity.

This shooting at an Amish school is much more important.

There is something very twisted going on here. My assertion that people who carry side arms are better off is superfluous. To carry a firearm is to presuppose that you are psychologically prepared to take a human life.

Amish schoolteachers are not prepared for this eventuality under any circumstance. Something horrible has occurred in yet another school.

Back when my kidlet units were subject to the abuses of the public school system, a fellow classmate took his life. A victim of bullying, the lad stole a firearm from his parents, brought it to school, and shot himself. I hate to use the term “thankfully”, but there was no Columbine-type retribution against other children, including my own.

We are reaching the day when even the most benevolent of teachers will be forced to carry firearms for the sake of their students. I am grateful that my kids have graduated, and they will never live through a shooting incident at their high school beyond the suicide of a classmate.

There is no accounting for what drives these children to do such things. I can not imagine the pressures of growing up in “modern times”, but it should not include the suicide option. I have cancer, but blowing my head off is not viable yet. I hope I raised my children to a better standard. There is always “the final option”, but that is the last card in the deck, and one to be played as a last resort. If I check out, the reasons will hopefully be obvious. Children should not die, and pre-decease their parents. Under no circumstances should they aspire to take someone with them. I can not imagine a worse horror than burying one of my children. I have two healthy kidlet units, and they will hopefully bury their old man.

The person who has done this horrific crime in a modern equivalent of a one-room schoolhouse is pronounced dead at this writing. I used to be a class clown, and rejected a lot of traditional education, but we never went to the guns. There have been other horrors, like the shootings in Montreal that call into question all our values. I thought we aspired to create a better world for our children. I am disheartented.

4 Comments:

Blogger camojack said...

This is what the world is coming to, sad to say. At least the killer milkman took his own life, too, but I always wish in these situations that the perpetrators would start with themselves instead.

October 03, 2006 3:05 AM  
Blogger Robert said...

I heard the sirens when that poor child drew and fired. Every emergency response in the county couldn't save him.

I held my daughters close, and told them that wasn't the way. I have scarce been an adequate father as I stood fast that day. I can only wonder where that child's daddy was. Not to lay blame, but he wasn't standing nearby.
There has hardly been a horrible day for fathering. How do you expain such things to impressionable kids?

October 03, 2006 3:53 AM  
Blogger Beerme said...

Suicide ain't painless as the song intimates, at least not for the loved ones. And killing innocent children because of some twenty year old "grievance"...despicable.

October 03, 2006 5:12 AM  
Blogger Hawkeye® said...

Though they would hardly admit it, these events are the result of liberalism in America. America was founded on Christian principles and since perhaps the 1920s, things have been going doing downhill.

Margaret Sanger founded what was to become Planned Parenthood. The ACLU was founded. The Scopes trial injected evolution into society. These organizations and ideas have been trying to get God out and put Man into His place. The nation will be blessed whose God is the LORD. Conversely, the nation will be cursed who reject God as their LORD.

Regards...

October 03, 2006 8:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home