Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Is this creepy, or what?

Maybe it’s just my being a bad loser—I like winning, and have suffered massive disappointment in the wisdom of the American people.

So, I gave up on election converge about 0630, and started listening to headbanger music. That was when I encountered yet another bizarre phenomenon. I sure it’s just coincidence, but my satellite provider renamed all of their music stations last night. What was “Power Rock” is now called l’inked, which sounds suspiciously illiterate. What was “Classic Rock” is now called “Rock Show.” “Light Classical” is now referred to as “Intermezzo.”

I know what an “Intermezzo” is. I can even sight-read music charts, which is pretty good for a drummer. We mostly go by instinct.

A call to the Dish Network this morning caught the service representative totally by surprise. The best he had to offer is “I’ll have to get used to change.”

I just thought it was peculiar that all the music stations on my “Favorites” list had been renamed following the Democrat victory and “a new direction for America”. I’m pretty sure this is just coincidence and overt paranoia on my behalf.

I still think it’s a harbinger of the future that my bedside phone died last night. Someone tried to call me about 2100. Follow-up calls today reveal that it wasn’t someone with a dying cell phone battery. Most likely it was a disaffected conservative.

I’ve had my say about the future of America. I think it’s totally creepy that my music stations got renamed on election night. There may be a Blue Oyster Cult or ELP CD somewhere in The Possum Den. The subwoofer is blown, and produces a most annoying buzz during movies. Does anyone have an e-mail for Boston Acoustics?

2 Comments:

Blogger camojack said...

Parts and Service E-mail: parts@bostona.com
(For Boston Acoustics)

I like Bose stuff myself...

November 09, 2006 1:28 AM  
Blogger camojack said...

Kajun:
Sometimes people mis-spell my surname Bose.
(Not too far off)

November 27, 2006 6:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home