Monday, January 09, 2006

Real Love Stories

I had a love of my life; one big passion. Things change; she passed on. She's an office manager for a lawyer; I'm a hermit. There are children from this bizarre union; one of them still speaks to me. I have mixed emotions about breaking up.

Charles Bronson and Jill Ireland are a Hollywood love story that could not have been made up by the best scriptwriter in town. He refused to make a movie without her. No greater love, and they got to act it out upon the screen. He buried her; there is no greater heartbreak. They made a dozen movies before. Spy films to Westerns; what matters was the love that shone between him and her. Today's offering was '"From Noon Till Three." She makes a worldwide sensation out of a three-hour relationship borne of strange circumstances.

Nothing these people did was too far-fetched. There was Taylor and Burton, and Jimmy and Gloria, but few are as bittersweet, and bring a tear to the eye like Charles and Jill. Movies have that magic of instilling immortality, and your love story lives for a long, long, time. My passions have been private, but if I could live them on the screen, I could not have asked more than to be Charles Bronson in love with Jill Ireland. We miss you both!

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I couldn't agree more. Neither of them were the typical idea of beauty. But they were such terrific actors and they knew how to play up their best features so they appeared beautiful . The first movie I saw him in was some kind of war movie,and I thought he was ugly,but...well there was something about him. And it seemed like they could make her look any way they wanted her to.Cheap or high class,dumb or intelligent. Her mouth was too big and her nose was too long ,butshe did have beautiful eyes..again she was just a knockout.Their bodies were a lot of it.
At first when he remarried ,I thought "how could he?"But I've heard it said if you have had a really happy marriage ,you will probably get married again,and she would have wanted him to, I'm sure.

January 09, 2006 10:31 PM  
Blogger camojack said...

I'm sure Mel Brooks misses Ann Bancroft, a lot. Now there was one classy lady...

January 09, 2006 11:48 PM  
Blogger Robert said...

Another classic love story! Mel loved Anne for many years. People in Hollyweird share our same emotions and traditions.

My parents, and their example: April 1935 until December 1985.

January 10, 2006 12:50 AM  
Blogger MargeinMI said...

Let's not forget Clark Gable and Carole Lombard. His heart was broken when she died so young.

Charles Bronson is man that has only gotton better looking with age.

January 10, 2006 7:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Possum for this info.I was not aware of their marriage.Personally,I'm waiting for Mel Gibson,but his wife just won't give him up.

January 10, 2006 9:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OOps Maggie said,not Mary

January 10, 2006 9:43 AM  
Blogger Nylecoj said...

Dang, I am sorry to see you go. I guess I should have been commenting and not just reading.

Jocelyn

January 10, 2006 11:06 AM  
Blogger Nylecoj said...

Ok so I am slow today. I hope your decision to stick around isa permanent.

January 10, 2006 11:16 AM  
Blogger Robert said...

Thank you, gang.

I'll hang until God's appointed day. A premature demise will delight too many people.

January 10, 2006 11:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nylecoj

Haven't seen you around town in awhile.Glad you are back.

January 11, 2006 10:35 AM  
Blogger Libby Goneā„¢ said...

I know of another couple that was destined for eternal romance.......

January 13, 2006 1:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A couple I never could see was Tracy and Hepburn ,maybe because the weren't married ...to each other.They were funny ,but I never felt the heat as I did from Charles and Jill. They struck sparks!!

January 14, 2006 9:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does anyone know if Anne Bancroft and Mel Brooks had any children.I would hate to think all those talent genes didn't get passed on.

January 14, 2006 9:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home