Monday, December 12, 2005

Zombies! Zounds!



Ringwraiths! Zombies! Goodness!

During my little weekend with the various producers in Hollyweird, I got treated to a Showtime "original production". This came under the heading of "Masters of Horror." Joe Dante, a director who certainly has a touch for werewolf movies, signed his name to this mess.

What I saw was an Ann Coulter clone, a "high-priced poltical consultant" who resembled George Stephanopoulous, and a gang of "the undead."

I like zombies as much as the next moviegoer. I don't want to see them stumbling around, being politicized. They make fine flesh-eating boogeymen. Ringwraiths make even better undead.

What I got treated to on "Masters of Horror" was a sick compilation of an Ann Coulter, and dead servicemen rising from the dead to vote against "the lie" of the war they'd died in. The Coulter clone is murdered in the first part of the show. The zombies are walking around in their Class-As, voting and dropping over as soon as the deed is done.

There is something screamingly funny that the Democrats have the graveyard vote sewed up. This whole notion that people will rise from the grave to vote against "the lie" was disturbing. The portrayal of a blonde woman as an opportunistic slut was also insulting. I suppose Mr. Dante fulfilled his role as a director; he aroused angry emotions and caused me to think outside the envelope as a conservative. As a movie fan, I am not happy with what I saw.

As a "Master of Horror", I suppose the gentleman is fulfilled. I was horrified, but not not for the purile reasons he envisioned. If you haven't seen this piece of trash, brace yourself. I think Mr. Dante should stick to werewolf movies, but...that's just me.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now that's two comments lost in cyber-space. Oh dear... Where have you BEEEEN?? miss you over at SF.I'm gonna have to come back later and see if my post will stick then. A fan.

December 12, 2005 4:08 PM  
Blogger Hawkeye® said...

That stinks, man. I hate it when those Hollyweird types feel that they have to implant a subliminal message that is anti-American or anti-Republican or anti-military or anti-Christian or anti-gun.... or some combination thereof.

I JUST WANT TO BE ENTERTAINED! ACTION! SUSPENSE! INTRIGUE! LOUD EXPLOSIONS! SCI-FI! ALIENS! ETC! ...Keep your political drivvle to yourself, thank you. Sheesh!

December 12, 2005 11:15 PM  
Blogger camojack said...

Two words: Showtime sucks...

December 13, 2005 3:47 AM  
Blogger MargeinMI said...

Awwwwwwwwwwwww Possum, ya done ruuuunined it for me! I LUUUUUUUUV bloodandguts [NOT], especially when it DEMONIZES one of my favorite right wing DIVAS!

Real Question Movie Critic:

Is is worth my $ to take my kid to see Narnia this Christmas break?????????????

December 20, 2005 7:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home