Sunday, August 07, 2005

Apologia #1

I owe an apology to Bob Beckel, popularly billed as a "Democratic strategist."

In my most recent rant about Obstructionists and the NY Times going after the Roberts children, I used Mr. Beckel as a prime example of the kind of political hack who will attempt to explain away any vicious folly of his political persuasion.

I was wrong. Mr. Beckel publicly denounced his party, and their official publication, the "Gray Lady" NY Times, for messing with the Roberts children. It is the private business of the Roberts family to deal with the subtleties of adoption, and how to explain that to the kids, if explanation is needed. While I still consider Mr. Beckel to be a political hack, I'd like to buy him a beer and apologize for my assumption that he is a slave to his party line. We might burn down the bar with disagreement over ideology, but that is the essence of civil discourse. I was wrong to assume that he would reactively defend Those People for their irrelevant attack on Judge Roberts' children.

You'll never see this modest blog, or visit any part of Georgia besides Atlanta, Mr. Beckel. Nevertheless, I apologize, and the next round is on me.

7 Comments:

Blogger Beerme said...

Possum,

In the off chance that Mr. Beckel does not take you up on that offer, I hereby volunteer to sacrifice and drink his beer...for him...if absolutely necessary, I mean.

August 07, 2005 12:56 PM  
Blogger camojack said...

If Beerme can't make it, I'll try to fill in...

August 07, 2005 4:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you three ever got together you would just fill up.

August 07, 2005 7:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK, so Beckel wasn't guilty in this instance. I've seen and heard him in enough redfaced,hate-filled,spitting rants , based not on fact, but on rumor and innuendo, to feel he does not deserve an apology. He toes the Dem line. If the KKK(Kerry,Kennedy,Klinton) decide they are going to attack Judge Roberts on the adoption, Beckel will spew the venom just like the others.

August 07, 2005 7:46 PM  
Blogger camojack said...

Beck's Dark, anyone?

August 08, 2005 4:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Possum,

You are a good egg.That's why we love you.

Beerme and camojack....you are a stitch.lol

August 08, 2005 5:20 PM  
Blogger MargeinMI said...

Hi everyone! My 'gerbil' apparantly has breathing problems. It's been siezing and crashing on a regular basis. Mom's old computer should be forthcoming soon! Really looking forward to the dual hampster drive!

Hope nobody thought I was being rude, posting and disappearing! I tried to post about it on SF the other day and crashed in mid-post. Hope this one makes it!

I'm caught up on reading email, most of SF, WSJ, and starting on you guys.

August 08, 2005 5:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home