Saturday, August 19, 2006

More movie critic time wasting....

Past that #101, I should be addressing world issues. The last thing I should be doing is addressing the values of old movies that show up on my TV. No one cares, and if I was a cutting edge movie critic, I'd be getting sneak previews of flicks that are on the way, not something that's played out onto my satellite rotation.

Ya wanna know the truth? The real world bores me. Islamic madmen have already decided that they will end the world as we know it, in the name of Allah. They're going to be aided and abetted by "progressive" American politicians, some of whom will assume the highest office in the land.

I am a Baby Boomer, and I will be gone soon. I thank God for it. I had my fun with sex, drugs, and rock & roll, I raised a decent family, and now it's all amusement watching Those People trying to regain power and show us how to run things.

I am writing this on the fly; I have no clue to my life span. I know there is a promise in The Bible that says I will be called forth when I least expect it, and my soul will be examined.

The Israeli war, the nuclear threat of Iran and North Korea... I'm sorry...the end of the world bores me. I have one foot in the grave...bring the rest crashing down upon me.

Oh, this is supposed to be a movie column...

Too many directors use magnesium squibs for bullet strikes. Lacking an accurate vision of of close quarters combat, they play their action too large and with too many fireworks.

So much for movies. If you don't think the end of Western Civilization will be a nuclear incident with an Islamofacist, then you must be a Democrat voting for Hilley.

6 Comments:

Blogger Nylecoj said...

There are worse things than prefering old movies to the real world.

August 19, 2006 10:18 PM  
Blogger Robert said...

Pretty quick, my dear!

August 19, 2006 10:30 PM  
Blogger Hawkeye® said...

I know what you mean Possum. Some days I just can't bear the thought of turning on the news, listening to war coverage, watching evil at work in the world...

But anyway, since I'm writing a blog about the "end of the world", I guess I better back to it. One good thing about the Bible's version... it's got a happy ending. "The darkest hour is just before the dawn".

(:D) Best regards...

August 20, 2006 7:17 AM  
Blogger Robert said...

Given God's grace, we will be better off once the transition is made. I have my moments of fear, trembling, and doubt, but I also have a bedrock of faith that lurks beneath my false bravado and deniable frontage.

August 20, 2006 9:01 AM  
Blogger Nylecoj said...

I check in every once in a while. :)

August 20, 2006 10:56 AM  
Blogger camojack said...

"If you don't think the end of Western Civilization will be a nuclear incident with an Islamofacist...

You know what they say: "Shi'ite happens". But as I told my brother t'other day whilst discussing the subject, the Bible tells me not to worry...so I don't.

August 20, 2006 4:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home