Thursday, April 03, 2008

Here is the other picture...


...of an extremely fast car.
I sometimes feel that I'm on a first name basis with every State Patrolman in Georgia. I certainly met enough of them when I drove this beast to Atlanta regularly.
I still don't know what I'd do with a million-dollar sports car, besides hard time. I had a friend in the 1970s who worked on those big-ticket Ferraris and Lamborginis. (Did I spell that right?) I can't even afford a used Porsche at today's oil prices. You have to adopt some German named Norbert at birth to keep a Porsche 911 running. I don't know where to find a cheap and easy Italian who'll keep one of those big-buck sports cars tuned. Besides, some idiot would hit me with a car door in a parking lot, and I'd have to thrash him to death with the tire tool.
Oh, did I say that already? Well, then, just enjoy this last sighting of true Detroit iron. Stingrays are dead; you won't see anything like this on the highway coming at you again.
I really do feel sorry for the youth of America who will never know the thrill of turning that key and hearing that V-8 fire off.
That's a Silver Anniversary Special Edition Corvette, kids. They made a limited number in 1978. I was lucky enough to have one for a few years.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know this is off topic ,but I am paranoid enough to believe in conspirisies. I think it strange Google is choosing this particular time to mess with the blogs. there was a lot of talk in 2004 about the part the internet played in Bush winning the elections,and the truth come out through the Conservative Blogs.The Dan Rather lies ,the Swiftboat Vets,are two stories that come to mind.The truth would have been ignored if it hadn't been for all you brave bloggers.
The Government has had a couple of tries at changing the freedom of blogger,but there was a lot of resistance,so Google sucks everyone into a nice free blog, then just at the crucial moment....Kaboom!
I think it is very suspicious for Google to cut off our truth source ,in Spring of an election.
We can be positive the Dems will do nothing to stop Google.

Barb

April 03, 2008 1:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a motorcycle man, m'self...

April 04, 2008 2:42 AM  
Blogger Hawkeye® said...

Hey Possum,

Same comment as at your last post. Desperately trying to find a photo of my old beast.

(:D) Best regards...

April 04, 2008 6:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I inherited my brother's 68 corvette convertable. It needs some work. We just read where a 68small block with with no restoration and well over 100,000 mi sold for $152,000. Must of had cocaine hidden in the seats.

April 04, 2008 9:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home