Thursday, April 10, 2008

From an e-mail

Good morning! I was congratulating my satellite service a while ago because you have to now marque dos para Espanol. They're starting to catch on. Press two for Spanish; we speak English here.

Larry the Cable Guy has to be the funniest man in America; he told the truth about being caught in traffic behind an immigration demonstration. "ICE is wondering where them fellers is? They's about 10,000 in front of my truck! Come get 'em! Get 'er done!"

I got a new home nurse this week; at 26 she's the age of my younger daughter Lindsey. She has a brother who's graduating Marine training, and will be deployed to Iraq in short order. I told her to tell him: when some mook says "I support the troops, but I don't support the war"...run! Get away from that person!

I had my war. It was enormously unpopular. We never lost in the field. Despite that, it was given away at a table in Paris. To betray the troopers by negating their war is to betray them, so where's the "support"?

By the time I finished my diatribe, she was in tears. I'll be praying for her brother.

I have never been happy with this "rebuild the infrastructure" business. The mission of the military is to kill people and break things. The Marshall Plan worked okay in Germany, and McArthur rebuilt Japan, but those were exceptions. We can't make a democracy out of a feudal, tribal anarchy.

We have the forces in place. Instead of withdrawing them, we need to reinforce and go kick Iran around. Iraq is a War I invention of the British. After we do the Iran smackdown, we should let the tribes reunite as they may. It may take a civil war, but the cards fall where they will. Iraq ceases to exist, and all the happy campers ride off into the desert on their camels. The Kurds get their liberation in the north, and the Shiites and Sunnis divide up the rest. Everyone is pacified. The kicked-ass Iranians flood across the border and embrace their brethren according to their religious flavor.

At that point, we pull up roots and get the hell out of there.

I'm no statesman, and way too ruthless. I haven't been labeled "a Nazi" for no good reason. I ain't running for anything, either. Things will continue to screw up, and I am retired, so my voice means nothing.

Truth be told, as Mr. Doom 'n Gloom, I am anxious to see what kind of disaster will occur when Osama Bamalama assumes the White House, and Pelosi and the gang of Do-nothings step up to the plate. Not to negate the loss of life, but there is a certain visceral thrill watching the WTC fall. That's just because I enjoy blowing things up; I cry every time I see footage of the towers falling. I'm getting old; I'm glad I won't see America fall to Islam.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think Iran may be next up on the "Hit Parade"...

April 11, 2008 3:07 AM  
Blogger Hawkeye® said...

I would love to see a Special Op where the CIA did something useful for a change, like track Ahmadinejad to a lonely retreat somewhere in the wilds of Iran and drop a daisy-cutter on him and maybe a few of his butt-wipes. I mean, we don't need Armageddon... just take out the jerk by himself.

(:D) Best regards...

April 11, 2008 9:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home