Monday, September 17, 2007

Holy Ned! Can I call 'em, or what?

Boy, am I prescient!

I haven’t seen the remake of “Ocean’s Eleven”, or “Ocean’s Twelve”, or “…Thirteen”, or whatever. I vaguely remember the 1960 Rat Pack movie, with Sinatra, Lawford, Martin, and Davis Jr. I’m sure I’ll spill my popcorn when the Clooney franchises reach the satellite dish.

This isn’t about movies. Up at an ungodly pre-dawn hour, I was treated to bleeped dialogue that sounded like a serious showdown from a hard-R movie. Naw, it was just OJ Simpson holding forth in a Vegas hotel room.

Does golf cause brain damage? I’ve smoked some pretty potent concoctions, but never anything as mind-bending as what OJ must be indulging in. I don’t have a lot of sympathy for a proven murderer, especially one who gets away with it, but I have to wonder: what is this guy thinking of? I said it before: if I skated away from “the trial of the century” and got away with offing my ex-wife, I think I’d find a quiet corner and hide.

A little golf, sure. Doing some desultory searching for the imaginary “killer”, certainly. Hiding my assets and poor-mouthing is a given. If I’m a stone psychopath, I ain’t giving nothing up.

So, the smart money’s on hiding somewhere and watching.

The alleged shooter in my father’s murder case was hit by a truck and killed deader than fried chicken. This reinforces my faith in a righteous God.

Despite what the frightened jury said in The City of Angels, Orenthal James Simpson attacked and killed two people with frightening ferocity. He skated away from a conviction. A good cop’s career was ruined. Lots of lawyers made a lot of money.

I’m an old hippie. I remember John & Yoko back in the day. All of a sudden, we have instant karma. Years after the fact, we have OJ laid bare before the throne of God.

All other things taken into consideration, I still have to wonder: what the hell was he thinking?

They say that Vegas is all cleaned up now, and kind of a family-oriented place, as opposed to the old happy hunting grounds of La Cosa Nostra. It’s not my first choice for a family getaway, but I’ll take the word of The Chamber of Commerce. Nevertheless, the rumors and myths persist. Okay, so OJ, what were you thinking? Does anyone in their right mind start some misguided plot to rob the Mafia? My ex-wife is Sicilian; she has some uncles who are decidedly sinister. That stuff only works in the movies. You wouldn’t want to meet my ex-wife’s uncles.

I am going to enjoy seeing this bad boy take a fall. Holding him on “no bail” is a good start. He will, of course, be afforded “the presumption of innocence”. Vincent Bugliosi explained the fallacy of that constitutional ideal in Outrage, his take on OJ’s original murder trial.

As usual, this piece of scum will eat up more news coverage than he deserves. If the God who guided my father’s killer into that truck’s path is watching, this time OJ will get a portion of what he deserves.

5 Comments:

Blogger Hawkeye® said...

I'm reminded of the saying:

"Stupid is as stupid does".

(:D) Best regards...

September 17, 2007 4:27 PM  
Blogger Hawkeye® said...

P.S.-- Who's "Ned"?

September 17, 2007 4:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Since you didn't respond to it in the previous thread:

Thereby disproving the maxim "whatever happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas". QED...

September 18, 2007 2:46 AM  
Blogger Beerme said...

His true nature is showing itself and one of these days he will be held accountable for it.

September 18, 2007 4:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The jury in the murder trial of OJ Simpson ,must be very proud. Just look what their "boy" has become. But truly ,it is what he always was.He was spoiled ,pampered and protected because of one God-given skill,he could carry a football and run.Period.He is not smart ,he is not wise ,he is not good. He is a small evil creature ,of less value than a good dog.

September 18, 2007 7:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home